1. formed of separate units gathered into a mass or whole
Sentences with mass as an adjective:
- There is evidence of mass extinctions in the distant past.
- Mass unemployment resulted from the financial collapse.
1. the property of a body that causes it to have weight in a gravitational field
Definition categories: attribute
2. (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
Definition categories: quantity
3. an ill-structured collection of similar things (objects or people)
4. (Roman Catholic Church and Protestant Churches) the celebration of the Eucharist
Definition categories: act
5. a body of matter without definite shape
- a huge ice mass
6. the common people generally
- separate the warriors from the mass
7. the property of something that is great in magnitude
- he received a mass of correspondence
8. a musical setting for a Mass
- they played a Mass composed by Beethoven
Definition categories: communication
9. a sequence of prayers constituting the Christian Eucharistic rite
- the priest said Mass
Sentences with mass as a noun:
- The mass of spectators didn't see the infraction on the field.
- A mass of ships converged on the beaches of Dunkirk.
- The masses are revolting.