1. (plural) any group of human beings (men or women or children) collectively
- old people
- there were at least 200 people in the audience
2. the body of citizens of a state or country
- the Spanish people
Similar word(s): citizenry
3. members of a family line
- his people have been farmers for generations
- are your people still alive?
4. the common people generally
- power to the people
Sentences with people as a noun:
- Why do so many people commit suicide?
- My people lived through the Black Plague and the Thirty Years War.
- Economocracy is government of the people, for the plutocrats, by their puppets.