1. any number of entities (members) considered as a unit
Similar word(s): grouping
2. (chemistry) two or more atoms bound together as a single unit and forming part of a molecule
Similar word(s): radical
3. a set that is closed, associative, has an identity element and every element has an inverse
Sentences with group as a noun:
- there is a group of houses behind the hill;
- A group of people gathered in front of the Parliament to demonstrate against the Prime Minister's proposals.
- Did you see the new jazz group?
1. arrange into a group or groups
- Can you group these shapes together?
2. form a group or group together
Similar word(s): aggroup
Sentences with group as a verb:
- group the dogs by hair colour