1. a small mass of soft material
- he used a wad of cotton to wipe the counter
2. (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
- a wad of money
Definition categories: quantity
3. a wad of something chewable as tobacco
Sentences with wad as a noun:
- Our cat loves to play with a small wad of paper.
- With a wad of cash like that, she should not have been walking round Manhattan
1. compress into a wad
- wad paper into the box
2. crowd or pack to capacity
Sentences with wad as a verb:
- She wadded up the scrap of paper and threw it in the trash.
- to wad a gun
- to wad a cloak