1. a collection of objects laid on top of each other
2. (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
Definition categories: quantity
3. a car that is old and unreliable
Sentences with heap as a noun:
- a heap of earth or stones
1. bestow in large quantities
- He heaped him with work
- She heaped scorn upon him
2. arrange in stacks
- heap firewood around the fireplace
3. fill to overflow
- heap the platter with potatoes
Sentences with heap as a verb:
- He heaped the laundry upon the bed and began folding.
- They heaped praise upon their newest hero.