1. Made of deal.
- A plain deal table
1. a particular instance of buying or selling
- it was a package deal
- he's a master of the business deal
Similar word(s): trade
2. an agreement between parties (usually arrived at after discussion) fixing obligations of each
- he rose to prominence through a series of shady deals
Similar word(s): bargain
3. (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
- a deal of trouble
Definition categories: quantity
4. a plank of softwood (fir or pine board)
5. wood that is easy to saw (from conifers such as pine or fir)
Similar word(s): softwood
6. the cards held in a card game by a given player at any given time
Similar word(s): hand
7. the type of treatment received (especially as the result of an agreement)
- he got a good deal on his car
8. the act of distributing playing cards
- the deal was passed around the table clockwise
9. the act of apportioning or distributing something
- the captain was entrusted with the deal of provisions
Sentences with deal as a noun:
- We gave three deals of grain in tribute to the king.
- I didn’t have a good deal all evening.
- I believe it's your deal.
- We need to finalise the deal with Henderson by midnight.
- He made a deal with the devil.
- "I've never killed anybody before. I don't see what's the big deal."
- Line spoken by character played by John Travolta in the movie Broken Arrow.What's the deal?
- The deal with four tines is called a pitchfork.
1. act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression
- This book deals with incest
2. take into consideration for exemplifying purposes
Definition categories: cognition
3. take action with respect to (someone or something)
- How are we going to deal with this problem?
- The teacher knew how to deal with these lazy students
4. succeed in doing, achieving, or producing (something) with the limited or inadequate means available
5. administer or bestow, as in small portions
- deal a blow to someone
6. do business; offer for sale as for one's livelihood
- She deals in gold
7. be in charge of, act on, or dispose of
- I can deal with this crew of workers
8. behave in a certain way towards others
- He deals fairly with his employees
9. distribute cards to the players in a game
- Who's dealing?
10. direct the course of; manage or control
Similar word(s): conduct
11. give out as one's portion or share
12. give (a specific card) to a player
- He dealt me the Queen of Spades
- deal hashish
Sentences with deal as a verb:
- The fighting is over; now we deal out the spoils of victory.
- I was dealt four aces.
- The cards were shuffled and dealt by the croupier.
- The whole crowd waited for him to deal a real humdinger.
- This club takes a dim view of members who deal drugs.
- I can't deal with this.