1. a construct whereby objects or individuals can be distinguished
2. an abstraction belonging to or characteristic of an entity
Sentences with attribute as a noun:
- His finest attribute is his kindness.
- In the clause "My jacket is more expensive than yours", "My" is the attribute of "jacket".
- This packet has its coherency attribute set to zero.
- A file with the read-only attribute set cannot be overwritten.
- Properties can marked as obsolete with an attribute, which will cause the compiler to generate a warning if they are used.
1. attribute or credit to
- We attributed this quotation to Shakespeare
2. decide as to where something belongs in a scheme
Similar word(s): assign
Sentences with attribute as a verb:
- This poem is attributed to Browning.