1. how much there is or how many there are of something that you can quantify
2. an adequate or large amount
- he had a quantity of ammunition
3. the concept that something has a magnitude and can be represented in mathematical expressions by a constant or a variable
Sentences with quantity as a noun:
- You have to choose between quantity and quality.
- Some soap making oils are best as base oils, used in a larger quantity in the soap, while other oils are best added in a small quantity.
- Olive oil can be used practically in any quantity.
- This bag would normally costs $497.50 for a quantity of 250, at a price of $1.99 per piece.
- Generally it should not be used in a quantity larger than 15 percent.
- The Boeing P-26A was the first all-metal monoplane fighter produced in quantity for the U.S. Army Air Corps.
- x plus y quantity squared equals x squared plus 2xy plus y squared.