1. Of a process, operating for a defined set of conditions, and then halting.
- The plant had two batch assembly lines for packaging, as well as a continuous feed production line.
1. all the loaves of bread baked at the same time
2. (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
- a batch of letters
Definition categories: quantity
3. a collection of things or persons to be handled together
Similar word(s): clutch
Sentences with batch as a noun:
- We made a batch of cookies to take to the party.
- We poured a bucket of water in top, and the ice maker spit out a batch of icecubes at the bottom.
- The system throttled itself to batches of 50 requests at a time to keep the thread count under control.
- She was the valedictorian of Batch '73.
1. batch together; assemble or process as a batch
Sentences with batch as a verb:
- The contractor batched the purchase orders for the entire month into one statement.
- The purchase requests for the day were stored in a queue and batched for printing the next morning.
- I am batching next week when my wife visits her sister.