1. the activity of communicating; the activity of conveying information
- they could not act without official communication from Moscow
Similar word(s): communicating
2. something that is communicated by or to or between people or groups
3. a connection allowing access between persons or places
- how many lines of communication can there be among four people?
- a secret passageway provided communication between the two rooms
Sentences with communication as a noun:
- communication of smallpox
- communication of a secret
- Some say that communication is a necessary prerequisite for sentience; others say that it is a result thereof.
- The node had established communication with the network, but had as yet sent no data.
- Surveillance was accomplished by means of intercepting the spies' communications.
- The subpoena required that the company document their communication with the plaintiff.
- The professors' communications consisted of lively discussions via email.
- A round archway at the far end of the hallway provided communication to the main chamber.