1. the work of providing treatment for or attending to someone or something
- no medical care was required
2. judiciousness in avoiding harm or danger
- he handled the vase with care
3. an anxious feeling
- care had aged him
4. a cause for feeling concern
- his major care was the illness of his wife
5. attention and management implying responsibility for safety
- he is in the care of a bodyguard
6. activity involved in maintaining something in good working order
- he wrote the manual on car care
Sentences with care as a noun:
- Care should be taken when holding babies.
- I don't have a care in the world.
- dental care
- in care
1. feel concern or interest
- I really care about my work
- I don't care
Similar word(s): care
2. provide care for
3. prefer or wish to do something
- Do you care to try this dish?
4. be in charge of, act on, or dispose of
5. be concerned with
Similar word(s): worry
Sentences with care as a verb:
- I don't care what you think.
- Young children can learn to care for a pet.
- Would you care for another slice of cake?
- Would you care to dance?