1. sewing that repairs a worn or torn hole (especially in a garment)
- her stockings had several mends
2. the act of putting something in working order again
Sentences with mend as a noun:
- My trousers have a big rip in them and need a mend.
1. restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken
2. heal or recover
- My broken leg is mending
Similar word(s): heal
Sentences with mend as a verb:
- My trousers have a big rip in them and need mending.
- When your car breaks down, you can take it to the garage to have it mended.
- Her stutter was mended by a speech therapist.
- My broken heart was mended.