1. (now rare) The act of managing or controlling something.
1. be successful; achieve a goal
- I managed to carry the box upstairs
Similar word(s): negociate
2. be in charge of, act on, or dispose of
- She managed her parents' affairs after they got too old
3. succeed in doing, achieving, or producing (something) with the limited or inadequate means available
4. watch and direct
5. achieve something by means of trickery or devious methods
6. carry on or function
Similar word(s): do
Definition categories: social
7. handle effectively
- The young violinist didn't manage her bow very well
Sentences with manage as a verb:
- He managed to climb the tower.