1. the feeling that accompanies an unsatisfied state
Definition categories: feeling
2. an inclination to want things
- a man of many desires
3. something that is desired
Sentences with desire as a noun:
- It is my desire to speak with you.
- You’re my heart’s desire.
- His desire for her kept him awake at night.
- Too much desire can seriously affect one’s judgment.
1. feel or have a desire for; want strongly
Similar word(s): want
Definition categories: emotion
2. expect and wish
3. express a desire for
Sentences with desire as a verb:
- I desire to speak with you.
- She has desired him since they first met.