1. the appendage to an object that is designed to be held in order to use or move it
- he grabbed the hammer by the handle
Definition categories: man–made, appendage
Sentences with handle as a noun:
- The daily handle of a Las Vegas casino is typically millions of dollars.
- This article describes how to find the module name from the window handle.
- the Handle of the Sug in Newfoundland
1. be in charge of, act on, or dispose of
- This blender can't handle nuts
2. interact in a certain way
- Handle the press reporters gently
Similar word(s): treat
3. act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression
4. touch, lift, or hold with the hands
- Don't handle the merchandise
Similar word(s): palm
5. handle effectively
6. show and train
- The prize-winning poodle was handled by Mrs. Priscilla Prescott
Sentences with handle as a verb:
- she handled the news with grace, the Persians handled the French ambassador shamefully
- a merchant handles a variety of goods, or a large stock
- I can't handle this hot weather.
- the car handles well