1. the activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose
- he gave me an assist with the housework
- could not walk without assistance
2. (sports) the act of enabling another player to make a good play
Sentences with assist as a noun:
- The foundation gave a much needed assist to the shelter.
- He had two assists in the game.
1. give help or assistance; be of service
2. act as an assistant in a subordinate or supportive function
3. work for or be a servant to
- Is a salesperson assisting you?
Sentences with assist as a verb:
- A great part of the nobility assisted to his opinion.