1. any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse
2. someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike
3. a person who is deemed to be despicable or contemptible
- kill the rat
Definition categories: person
4. one who reveals confidential information in return for money
5. a pad (usually made of hair) worn as part of a woman's coiffure
Definition categories: man–made, pad
Sentences with rat as a noun:
- What a rat, leaving us stranded here!
- Our teenager has become a mall rat.
- He loved hockey and was a devoted rink rat.
- Get your rat out.
1. desert one's party or group of friends, for example, for one's personal advantage
2. employ scabs or strike breakers in
3. take the place of work of someone on strike
4. give (hair) the appearance of being fuller by using a rat
5. catch rats, especially with dogs
6. give away information about somebody
Sentences with rat as a verb:
- He ratted on his coworker.
- He is going to rat us out!