1. Used to attract the services of a shop assistant
1. a mercantile establishment for the retail sale of goods or services
- he bought it at a shop on Cape Cod
Similar word(s): store
Definition categories: man–made, outlet
2. small workplace where handcrafts or manufacturing are done
Similar word(s): workshop
3. a course of instruction in a trade (as carpentry or electricity)
- I built a birdhouse in shop
Sentences with shop as a noun:
- Our company is mostly a Java shop.
- This is where I do my weekly shop.
1. do one's shopping
- She goes shopping every Friday
2. do one's shopping at; do business with; be a customer or client of
3. shop around; not necessarily buying
Similar word(s): browse
4. give away information about somebody
Sentences with shop as a verb:
- I went shopping early, before the Christmas rush.
- He’s shopping for clothes.
- He shopped his mates in to the police.