1. a human being
- there was too much for one person to do
2. a human body (usually including the clothing)
- a weapon was hidden on his person
3. a grammatical category used in the classification of pronouns, possessive determiners, and verb forms according to whether they indicate the speaker, the addressee, or a third party
- stop talking about yourself in the third person
Definition categories: communication
Sentences with person as a noun:
- Each person is unique, both mentally and physically.
- Jack's always been a dog person, but I prefer cats.
- At common law a corporation or a trust is legally a person.
1. (obsolete, transitive) To represent as a person; to personify; to impersonate.
2. (transitive, gender-neutral) To man.