1. cause to come to know personally
- introduce the new neighbors to the community
2. bring something new to an environment
- A new word processor was introduced
Similar word(s): innovate
3. place, fit, or thrust (something) into another thing
4. bring in a new person or object into a familiar environment
- The new secretary introduced a nasty rumor
Definition categories: motion
5. bring in or establish in a new place or environment
- introduce a rule
- introduce exotic fruits
6. put or introduce into something
7. bring before the public for the first time, as of an actor, song, etc.
8. put before (a body)
- introduce legislation
9. furnish with a preface or introduction
10. be a precursor of
Similar word(s): inaugurate
Sentences with introduce as a verb:
- Let me introduce you to my friends.
- The senator plans to introduce the bill in the next session.
- Let me introduce our guest speaker.
- Various pollutants were introduced into the atmosphere.
- Wheeled transport was introduced long ago.