1. located on a side
- side fences
- the side porch
Sentences with side as an adjective:
- a side issue; a side view or remark
1. (Britain dialectal) Widely; wide; far.
1. a place within a region identified relative to a center or reference location
- they always sat on the right side of the church
- he never left my side
2. one of two or more contesting groups
- the Confederate side was prepared to attack
3. either the left or right half of a body
- he had a pain in his side
4. a surface forming part of the outside of an object
- he examined all sides of the crystal
Similar word(s): face
5. an extended outer surface of an object
- he turned the box over to examine the bottom side
- they painted all four sides of the house
Definition categories: man–made, surface
6. an aspect of something (as contrasted with some other implied aspect)
- he was on the heavy side
- he is on the purchasing side of the business
- it brought out his better side
7. a line segment forming part of the perimeter of a plane figure
- the hypotenuse of a right triangle is always the longest side
8. a family line of descent
- he gets his brains from his father's side
9. a lengthwise dressed half of an animal's carcass used for food
10. an opinion that is held in opposition to another in an argument or dispute
- there are two sides to every question
Similar word(s): position
11. an elevated geological formation
- the house was built on the side of a mountain
12. (sports) the spin given to a ball by striking it on one side or releasing it with a sharp twist
Similar word(s): english
Sentences with side as a noun:
- A square has four sides.
- A cube has six sides.
- Which side of the tray shall I put it on? The patient was bleeding on the right side.
- Meet me on the north side of the monument.
- John wrote 15 sides for his essay!
- Look on the bright side.
- Which side has kick-off?
- In the second world war, the Italians were on the side of the Germans.
- He had to put a bit of side on to hit the pink ball.
- I just want to see what's on the other side — James said there was a good film on tonight.
- Do you want a side of cole-slaw with that?