1. a distinct feature or element in a problem
- he studied every facet of the question
Similar word(s): aspect
2. a smooth surface (as of a bone or cut gemstone)
Sentences with facet as a noun:
- This facet of the diamond was masterfully cut to enhance its value.
- The child's learning disability was only one facet of the problems contributing to his delinquency.
- We had just about completed the research facet of the project when the order came to cancel it.
- the articular facet of a bone
1. To cut a facet into a gemstone.