1. a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty
- my opinion differs from yours
2. a message expressing a belief about something; the expression of a belief that is held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof
- his opinions appeared frequently on the editorial page
Similar word(s): view
3. a belief or sentiment shared by most people; the voice of the people
- he asked for a poll of public opinion
4. the legal document stating the reasons for a judicial decision
- opinions are usually written by a single judge
5. the reason for a court's judgment (as opposed to the decision itself)
Similar word(s): ruling
6. a vague idea in which some confidence is placed
Sentences with opinion as a noun:
- I would like to know your opinions on the new systems.
- In my opinion, white chocolate is better than milk chocolate.
- Every man is a fool in some man's opinion.
- Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived. - Oscar Wilde
1. (transitive, archaic) To have or express as an opinion.