1. a small drink of liquor
Similar word(s): shot
Definition categories: quantity
2. (offensive slang) offensive term for a person of Japanese descent
3. the taste experience when a savoury condiment is taken into the mouth
4. the property of being moderately cold
5. a tart spicy quality
6. a small sharp bite or snip
Similar word(s): pinch
Sentences with nip as a noun:
- I’ll just take a nip of that cake.
- He had a nip of whiskey.
- The puppy gave his owner’s finger a nip.
- There is a nip in the air. It is nippy outside.
1. squeeze tightly between the fingers
2. give a small sharp bite to
- The Queen's corgis always nip at her staff's ankles
3. sever or remove by pinching or snipping
- nip off the flowers
Sentences with nip as a verb:
- Why don’t you nip down to the grocer’s for some milk?