1. a tart spicy quality
2. the imperial dynasty of China from 618 to 907
3. the taste experience when a savoury condiment is taken into the mouth
4. a common rockweed used in preparing kelp and as manure
Similar word(s): bladderwrack
5. brown algae seaweed with serrated edges
Definition categories: animal
6. any of various coarse seaweeds
7. any of various kelps especially of the genus Laminaria
Sentences with tang as a noun:
- Wine or cider has a tang of the cask.
1. (dated, beekeeping) To strike two metal objects together loudly in order to persuade a swarm of honeybees to land so it may be captured by the beekeeper.
2. To make a ringing sound; to ring.
- Let thy tongue tang arguments of state. — Shakespeare.