1. a metal frame or container holding cartridges; can be inserted into an automatic gun
Similar word(s): magazine
Definition categories: man–made
2. an instance or single occasion for some event
- he could do ten at a clip
Similar word(s): time
3. any of various small fasteners used to hold loose articles together
4. an article of jewelry that can be clipped onto a hat or dress
5. the act of clipping or snipping
6. a sharp slanting blow
- he gave me a clip on the ear
Sentences with clip as a noun:
- Use this clip to attach the check to your tax form.
- She reads at a pretty good clip.
- He was walking at a fair clip and I was out of breath trying to keep up.
- They played a clip of last night's debate.
- I went into the salon to get a clip.
- Deeky the clip of that aad wife ower thor!
- Give him a clip round the ear!
1. sever or remove by pinching or snipping
2. run at a moderately swift pace
3. attach with a clip
- clip the papers together
4. cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of
Definition categories: contact
5. terminate or abbreviate before its intended or proper end or its full extent
Similar word(s): curtail
Sentences with clip as a verb:
- Please clip the photos to the pages where they will go.
- She clipped my hair with her scissors.
- Please clip that coupon out of the newspaper.
- I'll clip ye round the lugs!