1. a small fragment of something broken off from the whole
2. worthless material that is to be disposed of
3. a small piece of something that is left over after the rest has been used
- she jotted it on a scrap of paper
- there was not a scrap left
Definition categories: man–made, piece
4. the act of fighting; any contest or struggle
- the unhappy couple got into a terrible scrap
Sentences with scrap as a noun:
- I found a scrap of cloth to patch the hole.
- Give the scraps to the dogs and watch them fight.
- That car isn't good for anything but scrap.
- pork scraps
- We got in a little scrap over who should pay the bill.
1. dispose of (something useless or old)
- scrap your old computer
2. have a disagreement over something
- These two fellows are always scrapping over something
3. make into scrap or refuse
- scrap the old airplane and sell the parts