1. attractiveness that interests or pleases or stimulates
2. a verbal formula believed to have magical force
- inscribed around its base is a charm in Balinese
Similar word(s): spell
3. something believed to bring good luck
Definition categories: man–made, object
4. (physics) one of the six flavors of quark
Sentences with charm as a noun:
- a charm against evil
- It works like a charm.
- He had great personal charm.
- She tried to win him over with her charms.
- She wears a charm bracelet on her wrist.
1. attract; cause to be enamored
2. control by magic spells, as by practicing witchcraft
Similar word(s): becharm
3. protect through supernatural powers or charms
4. induce into action by using one's charm
- She charmed him into giving her all his money
Sentences with charm as a verb:
- He charmed her with his dashing tales of his days as a sailor.
- After winning three games while wearing the chain, Dan began to think it had been charmed.
- She led a charmed life.