1. direct toward itself or oneself by means of some psychological power or physical attributes
- Her good looks attract the stares of many men
2. be attractive to
- The beautiful garden attracted many people
Similar word(s): appeal
Definition categories: emotion
3. exert a force on (a body) causing it to approach or prevent it from moving away
- the gravitational pull of a planet attracts other bodies
Sentences with attract as a verb:
- A magnet attracts iron filings.
- Advertising is designed to attract customers.
- to attract admirers;