1. a vagrant
- a homeless tramp
2. a person who engages freely in promiscuous sex
Similar word(s): swinger
3. a foot traveler; someone who goes on an extended walk (for pleasure)
4. a heavy footfall
- the tramp of military boots
5. a commercial steamer for hire; one having no regular schedule
6. a long walk usually for exercise or pleasure
Sentences with tramp as a noun:
- "I can't believe you'd let yourself be seen with that tramp."
- "Claudia is such a tramp; making out with all those men when she has a boyfriend."
1. travel on foot, especially on a walking expedition
- We went tramping about the state of Colorado
2. walk heavily and firmly, as when weary, or through mud
3. cross on foot
- We had to tramp the creeks
4. move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment
Sentences with tramp as a verb:
- We tramped through the woods for hours before we found the main path again.
- to tramp the country