1. a line or route along which something travels or moves
- the track of an animal
2. evidence pointing to a possible solution
3. a pair of parallel rails providing a runway for wheels
4. a course over which races are run
Definition categories: man–made, course
5. a distinct selection of music from a recording or a compact disc
- the title track of the album
Similar word(s): cut
6. an endless metal belt on which tracked vehicles move over the ground
Definition categories: man–made, belt
7. (computer science) one of the circular magnetic paths on a magnetic disk that serve as a guide for writing and reading data
8. a groove on a phonograph recording
9. a bar or pair of parallel bars of rolled steel making the railway along which railroad cars or other vehicles can roll
Definition categories: man–made, bar
10. any road or path affording passage especially a rough one
11. the act of participating in an athletic competition involving running on a track
Similar word(s): running
Definition categories: act
Sentences with track as a noun:
- I'm going to try out for track next week.
1. carry on the feet and deposit
- track mud into the house
2. observe or plot the moving path of something
- track a missile
3. go after with the intent to catch
4. travel across or pass over
5. make tracks upon
Sentences with track as a verb:
- My uncle spent all day tracking the deer.
- In winter, my cat tracks mud all over the house.
- The hurricane tracked further west than expected.