1. the sound of a step of someone walking
- he heard footsteps on the porch
2. the act of taking a step in walking
3. the distance covered by a step
Definition categories: quantity
Sentences with footstep as a noun:
- The child watched as his footsteps in the sand were washed away by the waves.
- To walk the footsteps of greatness requires that you start at the bottom of a long stair.
- The footsteps of the students echoed in the empty hall.
- The garden path had a small footstep down to the main walkway.
- Mere footsteps away from the victim lay the murder weapon.
- Take one more footstep towards me, and I'll make you sorry!