1. bad or dishonest management by persons supposed to act on another's behalf
2. activity that transgresses moral or civil law
Similar word(s): wrongdoing
Sentences with misconduct as a noun:
- The student was threatened with a £2000 fine and banned from using the university's computing resources for two weeks due to gross misconduct on the Internet.
1. behave badly
2. manage badly or incompetently
Sentences with misconduct as a verb:
- He misconducted himself with a chorus girl, according to his wife.