1. about to be mentioned or specified
- the following items
2. immediately following in time or order
- the following day
3. going or proceeding or coming after in the same direction
- the crowd of following cars made the occasion seem like a parade
- tried to outrun the following footsteps
Similar word(s): pursuing
4. in the desired direction
- a following wind
Sentences with following as an adjective:
- See the following section.
- The following words have no definition […]
- The following wind sped us on our way.
1. a group of followers or enthusiasts
Similar word(s): followers
2. the act of pursuing in an effort to overtake or capture
Sentences with following as a noun:
- He had a loyal following.
- The following is a recommendation letter from the president.
1. After, subsequent to.
- Following the meeting, we all had a chat.