1. encouraging or approving or pleasing
- a favorable reply
- he received a favorable rating
- listened with a favorable ear
2. (of winds or weather) tending to promote or facilitate
- the days were fair and the winds were favorable
3. presaging or likely to bring good luck or a good outcome
- a favorable time to ask for a raise
4. giving an advantage
Sentences with favorable as an adjective:
- The candidate wearing the business suite made a favorable impression.
- We made quick progress, due to favorable winds.
- She says that she was born under a favorable star.