1. leather that has had its grain pattern accentuated
2. a dense crowd of people
3. temporary love of an adolescent
Similar word(s): infatuation
4. the act of crushing
Sentences with crush as a noun:
- A crush at a reception.
1. come down on or keep down by unjust use of one's authority
Definition categories: social
2. to compress with violence, out of natural shape or condition
- crush an aluminum can
3. come out better in a competition, race, or conflict
4. break into small pieces
- The car crushed the toy
5. humiliate or depress completely
- She was crushed by his refusal of her invitation
Similar word(s): smash
6. crush or bruise
Similar word(s): jam
7. make ineffective
8. become injured, broken, or distorted by pressure
- The plastic bottle crushed against the wall
Sentences with crush as a verb:
- to crush grapes
- Ye shall not offer unto the Lord that which is bruised, crushed, broken or cut. --Lev. xxii.
- to crush quartz
- After the corruption scandal, the opposition crushed the ruling party in the elections
- The sultan's black guard crushed every resistance bloodily.
- an eggshell crushes easily
- She's crushing on him.