1. a notation cancelling a previous sharp or flat
Similar word(s): natural
Definition categories: communication
1. postpone indefinitely or annul something that was scheduled
- cancel the dinner party
Definition categories: social
2. make up for
Similar word(s): offset
3. declare null and void; make ineffective
- Cancel the election results
4. remove or make invisible
Similar word(s): delete
5. make invalid for use
- cancel cheques or tickets
Similar word(s): invalidate
Sentences with cancel as a verb:
- He cancelled his order on their website.
- This machine cancels the letters that have a valid zip code.
- The corrective feedback mechanism cancels out the noise.