1. (of domestic animals) not selectively bred
Similar word(s): unimproved
1. dense vegetation consisting of stunted trees or bushes
2. the act of cleaning a surface by rubbing it with a brush and soap and water
Sentences with scrub as a noun:
- You are such a scrub! Instead of washing the dishes you put the used food on your face!
1. clean with hard rubbing
- She scrubbed his back
Similar word(s): scour
2. wash thoroughly
- surgeons must scrub prior to an operation
3. postpone indefinitely or annul something that was scheduled
- we had to scrub our vacation plans
Definition categories: social
Sentences with scrub as a verb:
- Engineers had to scrub the satellite launch due to bad weather.
- The street segment data from the National Post Office will need to be scrubbed before it can be integrated into our system.