1. The sound of a telephone ringing.
1. take something or somebody with oneself somewhere
- Bring me the box from the other room
- This brings me to the main point
2. cause to come into a particular state or condition
- bring water to the boiling point
3. cause to happen or to occur as a consequence
- bring comments
4. go or come after and bring or take back
- Could you bring the wine?
5. bring into a different state
Similar word(s): land
6. be accompanied by
- Can I bring my cousin to the dinner?
Definition categories: contact
7. advance or set forth in court
- bring charges
Similar word(s): institute
8. bestow a quality on
- She brings a special atmosphere to our meetings
9. be sold for a certain price
Similar word(s): fetch
Definition categories: possession
10. attract the attention of
11. induce or persuade
Sentences with bring as a verb:
- Waiter, please bring me a single malt whiskey.
- What does coal bring per ton?
- The closer Jones can really bring it.