1. a condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders
Sentences with add as a noun:
- After engaging the boss for one minute, two adds will arrive from the back and must be dealt with.
1. make an addition (to); join or combine or unite with others; increase the quality, quantity, size or scope of
- We added two students to that dorm room
- She added a personal note to her letter
- Add insult to injury
2. state or say further
3. bestow a quality on
- The music added a lot to the play
- This adds a light note to the program
4. make an addition by combining numbers
- Add 27 and 49, please!
5. determine the sum of
- Add all the people in this town to those of the neighboring town
6. constitute an addition
- This paper will add to her reputation
Sentences with add as a verb:
- to add numbers
- to add a column of numbers
- It adds to our anxiety.
- He adds rapidly.