1. make a solicitation or entreaty for something; request urgently or persistently
- Henry IV solicited the Pope for a divorce
- My neighbor keeps soliciting money for different charities
2. make amorous advances towards
3. approach with an offer of sexual favors
- he was solicited by a prostitute
- The young man was caught soliciting in the park
4. incite, move, or persuade to some act of lawlessness or insubordination
- He was accused of soliciting his colleagues to destroy the documents
5. make a solicitation or petition for something desired
- She is too shy to solicit
Sentences with solicit as a verb:
- to solicit alms, or a favour
- If you want to lose your virginity, you should try to solicit some fine looking women.
- My girlfriend tried to solicit me for sex, but I was tired.