1. a provincial governor under the Ottoman Empire, a bey
1. call upon in supplication; entreat
- I beg you to stop!
2. make a solicitation or entreaty for something; request urgently or persistently
3. ask to obtain free
- beg money and food
4. dodge, avoid answering, or take for granted
- beg the question
- beg the point in the discussion
Sentences with beg as a verb:
- He begged on the street corner from passers-by.
- I beg your pardon. I didn't mean to cause offence.
- He begged her to go to the prom with him.