1. (computing) The act of recovering data or a system from a backup.
1. return to its original or usable and functioning condition
- restore the forest to its original pristine condition
Similar word(s): reconstruct
2. return to life; get or give new life or energy
- The week at the spa restored me
3. give or bring back
- Restore the stolen painting to its rightful owner
Similar word(s): restitute
4. restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken
5. bring back into original existence, use, function, or position
- restore law and order
- restore the emperor to the throne
Sentences with restore as a verb:
- to restore harmony among those who are at variance
- He restored my lost faith in him by doing a good deed.