1. the act of providing approval and support
2. customers collectively
3. a communication that indicates lack of respect by patronizing the recipient
4. (politics) granting favors or giving contracts or making appointments to office in return for political support
Definition categories: act
5. the business given to a commercial establishment by its customers
- even before noon there was a considerable patronage
Similar word(s): trade
Sentences with patronage as a noun:
- His vigorous patronage of the conservatives got him in trouble with progressives.
- The restaurant had an upper class patronage.