1. (music) That which provides support for the main performer
1. the act of providing approval and support
- his vigorous backing of the conservatives got him in trouble with progressives
2. something forming a back that is added for strengthening
Similar word(s): mount
3. financial resources provided to make some project possible
Sentences with backing as a noun:
- It's a volunteer organization that works with backing from the city and a few grants.
- The cardboard backing gives the notebook a little extra stiffness.
1. present participle of back