1. the formal act of approving
- his decision merited the approval of any sensible person
2. a feeling of liking something or someone good
- although she fussed at them, she secretly viewed all her children with approval
3. acceptance as satisfactory
- he bought it on approval
4. a message expressing a favorable opinion
- words of approval seldom passed his lips
Similar word(s): commendation
Sentences with approval as a noun:
- I need to get an approval on this purchase order.
- Words of approval never seem to come from him.