1. (of a bodily tube or passageway) open; affording free passage
- patent ductus arteriosus
Similar word(s): unobstructed
2. clearly revealed to the mind or the senses or judgment
- patent advantages
Sentences with patent as an adjective:
- That is a patent ductus arteriosus.
- Those claims are patent nonsense.
- letters patent
- a patent right; patent medicines
1. a document granting an inventor sole rights to an invention
2. an official document granting a right or privilege
1. obtain a patent for
- Should I patent this invention?
2. grant rights to; grant a patent for
3. make open to sight or notice
- His behavior has patented an embarrassing fact about him