1. writing that provides information (especially information of an official nature)
Similar word(s): papers
2. anything serving as a representation of a person's thinking by means of symbolic marks
Definition categories: man–made, representation
3. a written account of ownership or obligation
4. (computer science) a computer file that contains text (and possibly formatting instructions) using seven-bit ASCII characters
Definition categories: communication
1. record in detail
- The parents documented every step of their child's development
2. support or supply with references
- Can you document your claims?
Sentences with document as a verb:
- He documented each step of the process as he did it, which was good when the investigation occurred.
- A ship should be documented according to the directions of law.