1. (obsolete) Part or half; in part; partially.
1. a wrapped container
Similar word(s): package
Definition categories: man–made, container
2. the allotment of some amount by dividing something
3. an extended area of land
Similar word(s): tract
Definition categories: location
4. a collection of things wrapped or boxed together
Sentences with parcel as a noun:
- I saw a brown paper parcel on my doorstep.
- I own a small parcel of land between the refinery and the fish cannery.
- A certain piece of land is part and parcel of another piece.
1. divide into parts
- The developers parceled the land
2. cover with strips of canvas
- parcel rope
3. make into a wrapped container
Sentences with parcel as a verb:
- Worm and parcel with the lay; turn and serve the other way.