1. being neither at the beginning nor at the end in a series
- the middle point on a line
2. equally distant from the extremes
3. of a stage in the development of a language or literature between earlier and later stages
- Middle English is the English language from about 1100 to 1500
- Middle Gaelic
4. between an earlier and a later period of time
- in the middle years
- in his middle thirties
Sentences with middle as an adjective:
- the middle point
- middle name, Middle English, Middle Ages
1. an area that is approximately central within some larger region
2. an intermediate part or section
- A whole is that which has beginning, middle, and end
3. the middle area of the human torso (usually in front)
4. time between the beginning and the end of a temporal period
- the middle of the war
- rain during the middle of April
Sentences with middle as a noun:
- The middle of a circle is the point which has the same distance to every point of circle.
- I woke up in the middle of the night.
- In the middle of the marathon, David collapsed from fatigue.